August 27, 2010

Well, I finally made it to HK.  After a 12 hour trip to San Francisco (where I will move someday), 12 hour flight to Taiwan, 2 hour flight to HK, and 1.5 hour bus ride to the school... I am here!  The trip across the world is definitely worth the wait.

To back up just a bit, for those of you who don't know - I am studying abroad in Hong Kong for the semester at Hong Kong Polytechnic University in Kowloon, HK.

Here are a few pictures of the dorms - the room size definitely re-defines the term "broom-closet"...
View from the dorm.
The pool, from our window.
My desk.
The bed.
 Here are some pictures of the University....
Food from the "canteen" $4 (this was the expensive dinner)

Also, tonight Amanda and I took an adventure around Hong Kong.  I was in search of a hair straightener - finding one in HK was like finding a needle in a hay stack.  But many wrong turns led us to some pretty great adventures.  Check it out...
Electronics at the Night Market.

Street dancer taken to a whole different level.

Outside of the Temple Street night market.

Anyways, we are having a great time - meeting many international students and adjusting to life in Hong Kong.  Will blog soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment